Fruit Pizza Recipe/Review

I ran out of salad fixings and fresh vegetables this week, but I had enough fruit to make this entire  pizza with some leftovers to pack in my lunch.  What a fantastic double duty way to use up perfectly ripe fruit.  All it takes is a little patience and a little time.

FRUIT PIZZA
1 pouch sugar cookie mix {I used Betty Crocker, following instructions for roll out cookies}
8oz pkg cream cheese softened 
8 oz can crushed pineapple drained, reserve 2 tbs juice
Assorted fruit 

Shape the cookie dough in a round and bake for the stated time or until edges become lightly browned.  Allow to cool.  Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip the cream cheese, pineapple, and reserved juice until light and fluffy.  This step took about four minutes in the stand mixer, scraping twice.  Frost the cookie and arrange sliced or chopped fruit as desired.  I took the time to "decorate" this one, but the next time I'm going to just pile the fruit on top...More is better in this case.

Comments