Banana Baked Good Stuff Review

I hate food waste, and every time I throw out bananas I feel bad {I have a freezer full for banana bread}.....like the starving kids in Africa when you didn't clean your plate bad.  I only like bananas when the stem is still green and the fruit is an all over yellow with no brown spots.  The brown spots make for a significantly sweeter fruit with a "mushier" texture that doesn't appeal to my particular palate.  Seeking a solution to my problem, I searched with the Googler where I found pages upon pages of said solutions.  Not wanting to waste any precious time, I chose one of the most simple and possibly the closest to the top of the page recipes....like the first one I came across :p 
Lucky for me it was super simple and outrageously delicious.  


Baked Bananas
1 medium size ripe banana
1 tsp honey
6 chocolate chips
1 tsp sliced almonds

Slice banana on top of a sheet of foil that will allow you to fold the contents into a sealed packet after ingredients are added.  Add the topping and drizzle with the honey {I'm going to use brown sugar next time}.  Use your imagination for toppings...the sky is the limit.    
Seal the foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Allow the packets to cool slightly before opening....from experience, steam burns.
Top with whipped cream, ice cream, or eat plain.

A truly delectable dessert.



Comments