Dinner Last Night

I am actually a day ahead on my meal plan because I didn't plan to cook on Sunday but my plans changed and I did, because well........I was hangry!  Instead of making fettuccine alfredo noodles, I made hash browns for the sausage and peppers last night. A little easier and definitely less caloric. My tummy was happy and boy #2's was too.

Easy Sausage Skillet

Easy Sausage Skillet Dinner
1-turkey kielbasa ring {I slice mine diagonally to increase the area that browns}
1 or 2- large bell peppers {any color is good}
3-medium onions {sliced}
1-8 oz can tomato sauce
2-tbs butter
garlic powder to taste {I use Tastefully Simple's Garlic-Garlic}
seasoned salt to taste
pepper to taste

Slice the peppers and onions and sausage {can be done previously}.  Add veggies to a large skillet with two tablespoons butter {or your choice of oil}.  Saute until softened over medium to medium high heat.  Add the sliced sausage to the skillet and brown until desired coloring achieved.  I do this over med high heat to get dark brown color {definitely not necessary} on the sausage.  Then add the seasonings and tomato sauce and allow to simmer over medium heat until the tomato sauce is slightly thickened. This should only take about 3-5 minutes if done over medium heat.  You can also turn the heat to low and cover the pan to extend the cooking time. {My life with teens makes this necessary!} Just keep an eye on the pan and stir fairly frequently to prevent burning.  Don't even ask how I know this :)

Serving the sausage and peppers with hash browns made for a super simple side dish and reduced the total meal time to less than 30 minutes.  Gotta love that kind of meal for a Monday.







Comments