Thursday Dinner Review


Since boy #1 won't be at home for dinner tonight, I decided to make my version of apricot chicken in the crockpot since I had to work today.  The method is really simple, however I followed a recipe a bit imperfectly.
So here is what I did.....

CROCKPOT APRICOT CHICKEN THIGHS

1 bag frozen boneless, skinless chicken thighs (the ones at Aldi, maybe 2-3 pounds)
1 package Lipton Onion Soup Dry Mix
1 cup apricot preserves
2 adobo peppers chopped fine
1 tsp garlic powder
ground pepper to taste

Place frozen chicken in a 4 quart crock.  Mix thoroughly onion soup mix, apricot preserves, garlic powder, and peppers.  Pour mixture over the frozen chicken.  Cook on low for approximately 7 hours or until chicken is cooked through.  Remove chicken pieces to a plate and keep warm.  Place cooking liquid from crock in a large pan.  To the pan add:

1 tbs honey mustard
1 tbs soy sauce
Red pepper chili flakes to taste (about 1 tsp) optional

Bring mixture to a boil, make a slurry with corn starch and add in a thin stream while stirring constantly until thickened.

Serve over hot cooked rice

and some green beans

This meal is another that is really easy to prepare and have ready for a weeknight.  I kind of mushed together a few different recipes, mainly because I forgot to add the french dressing to the mix when I was cooking the chicken.  I also think this would be great if I used frozen chicken breasts 



Comments