Tagliatelli Mushroom Pasta

So barbequed ham sandwiches didn't happen this week and I am so glad!!!!!! (Yes, that was 6 exclamation points!)  I received this recipe from my friend Jamie, who's good friend Seema gave it to her.
So really, this recipe will be forever, at least in my mind, Seema's Mushroom Pasta.  I absolutely loved this mixture and was torn between either licking the sauce off of my plate or pouring a glassful and adding a straw.
I didn't do either, but I really wanted to ;o)  The best part of the whole meal was that while I was driving my Boy #2 to the movie theater, my husband was making our dinner and snapping the picture to add to this post.  
Here's the long and short (emphasis on short) of it!
(It just doesn't photograph well)


SEEMA'S MUSHROOM PASTA
16 oz cleaned and sliced mushroom
4-5 garlic cloves minced
salt to taste
pepper to taste
crushed red pepper flakes (we like it hot and used about 1 tbs)
2 cups half and half (Seema called for single cream)
olive oil to saute mushrooms and garlic
Tagliatelli pasta cooked (I only had egg noodles)

Saute red pepper flakes and garlic in olive oil for 2-3 minutes add mushrooms and cook until well done.  Add salt and pepper and cream.  Allow to come to a boil, reduce heat, sauce will thicken a bit.  Use an immersion blender to puree.  Serve the sauce over pasta adding a little chopped parsley on top for extra flavor and color.

Comments

  1. Lovely dish. Thanks for linking it in to Food on Friday: Mushrooms. I have just signed up to follow you. A follow back to Carole's Chatter would be wonderful – or are you already following? Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment