Greek Burger Review (2nd recipe)

photo courtesy of  stockfoodmotion.com

I loosely followed this recipe for Greek Burgers, because my son just so happened to be reading the other recipe I had tried a while back.  I started adding spices and then said "hey, wait a minute....what exactly are you reading?"  After we got the right recipe, not all was lost, it just is something that was different from the original.  Below are the changes that I made on accident :)

GREEK BURGERS
1.25 lb lean ground beef
2 tsp italian seasoning
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
salt
pepper
cumin
oregano
parsley
(the above amounts, I eyeballed and just sprinkled in the bowl)
Shape into 5 patties.  I made mine as soon as I brought the hamburger home from the store, so I stuck them in the freezer.  When ready to cook, we put our frozen patties directly on the gas grill. Cook covered at a lower temperature until patties are cooked through.

CUCUMBER SAUCE
The sauce that I made doesn't even have cucumbers in it.  The ones I had in the frig were eaten by a pack of wolves who attacked during the night and decided only veggies would do.
{wink, wink}
The plain yogurt was spoiled so I just made something up.
2-3 tbs mayonnaise
1 tbs sour cream
onion powder(approx 1/4 tsp)
garlic powder(approx 1/4 tsp)
dried dill(approx 1/2 tsp)
lemon juice(1/2 of fresh)
Mix together all ingredients with a spoon until thoroughly combined.

I served these with onion flavored pita breads toasted, sliced tomatoes, lettuce, and the sauce.  
Even though the recipe vaguely resembles the original,  I think it's a keeper!  I will use the correct ingredients for the sauce next time though!

Comments