Slab Apple Pie

I knew that this recipe was gonna be a good one.....somehow, I just knew it!
And it is absolutely a delicious, nutritious(?) lunch.  Hee hee.  Anyways, I made this today following pretty closely the recipe that I found here. The adjustments I made are included in the recipe.


SLAB APPLE PIE
6 peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbs cinnamon
1 tbs lemon juice
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter (cut into pieces)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
1 rolled pie crust (found in the refrigerator section)


Peel and slice apples and place in a bowl with sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice.  Mix well.  In another bowl with two knifes or food processor put the remaining ingredients and either pulse or cut with knifes to form large crumbs.


The original recipe has the pie crust placed in a 9X13 dish, but they were also using homemade crust.  I attempted to stretch my pre rolled crust, but it just didn't cover the bottom or any sides of that pan.  My suggestion for next time would be to use a 8X11 pan for maximum coverage of crust.  Then layer the apples and crumbs over the crust and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes to one hour or until brown and bubbly.
Enjoy!
This recipe is linked at beautyandbedlam.com.

Comments