Menu Plan Monday 3/29/10


I had a good week, how about you?  I was invited to an educational dinner on Thursday, so I attended that and left the boys to fend for themselves.  I always have some "freezer" food for those nights that I just don't want to cook or something unexpected happens.  We still ate Thursday's dinner, just switched it to Friday.  All's well that ends well. 

I didn't really shop last week because the sales weren't that great and I do have a lot in the pantry.  It just has to be cooked, no snackety snacks.  I also haven't felt up to chasing the sales, but I can't seem to buy anything unless I have a coupon, so we are out of bread, milk, fresh vegetables, and most importantly (to the kids) snacks.  My goal this weekend was to replenish the most for the least money, but isn't everyone's?

Thanks for checking out my plan and go here to see lots, and lots of others.  Come back to see what we've made for the week and to get the verdict from my pseudo gourmand children. 

SUNDAY--Pork Roast, Pasta Salad with Vinegarette, Green Veggie, Oatmeal Bread. (Friday's meal from last week, we didn't get to)
MONDAY--Cream Cheese Spaghetti, Green Salad, Garlic Bread.
TUESDAY--Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts (grill extra), Yellow Rice, Sauteed Vegetables.
WEDNESDAY--Crockpot Italian Beef Sandwiches* Recipe Below, Oven Baked Potatoes.
THURSDAY--Grilled chicken salads (use extra chicken breasts), Corn Muffins.
FRIDAY--Oh my goodness!  Hamburger Helper (I have been strong armed by my family), Peas.  I'll be having salad or something!!
SATURDAY--Anything left in the refrigerator.

ITALIAN BEEF RECIPE
1 2-3 lb roast
1 can beef broth or consomme
1 jar pepperocini peppers--use half the juice
1 onion chopped
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder

Place roast in 4-6 quart crockpot, add beef broth, onion, peppers, and seasonings.  I like to take the stems off and chop the peppers.  Allow to cook on low for 8-10 hours.  Serve on crusty rolls.

HAPPY MONDAY!




Comments