My boys favorite meatless meal!!

LENTIL TACO RECIPE

1/2 onion chopped
2-3 garlic cloves chopped or crushed
1tsp vegetable oil

Saute above until onion is soft.

Add to pan
2 Tbs Chili Powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano (I add less)
1 cup dried lentils

Cook in pan for one minute

Add 2 1/2 cups Chicken Broth or Stock (if using homemade stock you may need to add some salt depending on how much was added when it was made).

Allow the mixture to come to a boil then reduce heat and cook covered for 25 minutes.
Remove top and allow mixture to thicken to desired consistency.  Add approximately 1/2 cup prepared salsa to the mixture.

Can use for enchiladas, tacos etc. with desired toppings.

Comments

  1. Very nice blog you have here now I just need you to come cook everything for me!! I really love the new wallpaper much better very you! Now to the lentil tacos very good I really liked them and they would be rally good on a tortilla. I can't wait for next week's menu!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment