Failing {maybe just not too successful} at Menu Planning!

Random picture of Boy #1

I have been menu planning for approximately 2 years now and I don't think that I have ever been in a failure funk like I am now.  I start out the week doing really well but by Wednesday, I just can't complete the already decided upon meals.  I have decided that the reason could be contributed to a few things.  
  • I never get home on time.
  • Because I don't get home on time, I never remember to take things out the night before.
  • My husband just doesn't think about cooking until 7-8pm if I'm not home.
  • I don't want to use the oven {because of the heat} so pre-made things that freeze well are out.
  • They don't fill propane tanks in lightning storms :o)
Okay, there are my reasons excuses for not following the menu plan.  I'm just going to chalk this funk up to the lazy days of summer or maybe just laziness.
Regardless here's to a better next week and I'll give you the run down for accountability purposes on this past week's menu.
  1. Saturday--Made the pork chops.
  2. Sunday --Made the Farmer's Casserole (stay tuned for later post) and Boy #2 wanted Chinese take out before leaving for camp.  Mama has a soft heart.
  3. Monday--Made the London Broil.
  4. Tuesday--Somebody had taken out some pre frozen chicken. So Boy #1 made chicken alfredo.
  5. Wednesday--Invited over to Mom's for birthday dinner.
  6. Thursday--Made beef nachos after shopping at Aldi.
  7. Friday--Who knows as this is the one day that I planned NOT to cook!

Comments