Menu Plan Monday 7/24/17

It is unbearably hot in my neck of the woods, and besides that seemingly depressing news, there are two things that I've been thankful for over the last seven days:
1.  It rains every afternoon and I don't have to water my plants.
2.  I can dare to turn my oven on since the temperature drops when it rains by at least 15 degrees.


LAST WEEK'S DISHES
I honestly didn't follow my menu plan at all.  My oldest favorite son and his fiance came over Monday and we used most of the fresh vegetables in the frig to top a Rotisserie Chicken Salad.  Our meals became less balanced as we used up any and everything green.  Gotta shop I guess.



Rotisserie Chicken Salad





I will not wait so long to make this again.  This recipe is so simple and delicious!

Wings and Rice a Roni {on super sale}
I used to love, love Rice a Roni, but now...not so much.  We've been eating less processed food and this childhood favorite won't be making it's way to my cart again.  Now, the taste isn't horrible, but I can make a homemade version that tastes significantly better...at least to me.
This time we sauced our wings with 3 tbs butter, 1/2 sliced fresh jalapeno, approx 1/4-1/3 cup molasses, and 1/4 cup Ken's Buffalo Wing Sauce {another super sale item}.  Saute the pepper in the butter add other ingredients and allow to melt together over medium heat stirring frequently until bubbling.  Place the wings {baked and cooled} in the sauce and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes until coated and warmed through.

I really need two ovens to make this meal.  The potatoes were just a tad bit over crispy and the green beans were significantly colder than serving guidelines allow.  The chicken itself was perfect.

Waffled Grilled Cheese

THIS WEEK'S OPTIONS:







While on the "junky side" of things I like to make, this menu allows us to eat and not head to the grocery store this week...well at least not me heading to the grocery store.  I might have to send Ty to get a few fresh things to round out our meals though.  Since everything is simple and doesn't require a lot of prep I should be able to manage to stick to it.  We will see :)

Have a great week!

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com






Comments