Menu Plan Monday 6/19/17

Spinach Salad 

This week, unlike last week, and the week before, for that matter, will include side dishes and reminders to make each meal go off without a hitch.  A lofty goal you might think?  Yeh, me too.
However, this methodology was quite successful in my not so distant past...so I'm running with what I know works.   It just takes me so long.  Waaa....

Whatever, whining won't write this post.  Have a great week!

My only complete meal after Monday.  I ate a pork chop all by itself, baked tacos, and an individual homemade pizza for the rest of the week.  Can you see why I need to plan my meals more carefully?  Oh, and the corn pictured above was absolutely delicious.  Five ears of fresh corn sliced off and cooked in a cast iron skillet with two tablespoons of butter, chopped onion, and orange bell pepper with lots of salt and pepper is now my go to recipe for this summertime staple.  I was thinking of adding a sprinkle of cilantro and a squeeze of lime but, I was ready to eat.  I'm sure those two ingredients would have catapulted this simple dish to an extraordinary one. 

OPTIONS FOR THE WEEK:

Chicken Macaroni Salad {I'm using canned chicken instead of tuna}, Green Salad

 Grilled Sirloin Steak, Pearled Couscous, Skillet Green Beans

Spaghetti {crockpot}, Green Salad, Quick Rolls

Curried Chicken Bits, Basmati Rice, Steamed Sugar Snap Peas

Spicy Sausage Pasta, Corn, Buttered Bread

Cuban Style Crispy Chicken {$5 Earthfare Rotisserie Chicken}, Black Beans, Chopped Avocado, Chopped Lettuce, Tomato and Onion, Cilantro Lime Rice


If all else fails, I made six individual sandwiches to be baked with shaved deli meat, cheese, and garlic butter.  Pita chips with Hummus will round out this "I can't be bothered to cook" meal.


DESSERTS FOR THE WEEK OPTIONS:




This post is linked to orgjunkie.com

    

Comments