Menu Plan Monday 1/16/17







Last week, I gently stepped back in to the world of meal planning after taking a somewhat extended hiatus around the holidays.  My goal this month is threefold.  Number one, allowing me to eat healthier, number two to rotate my pantry and freezer stock, and number three and most importantly save a little cash.  By the end of this month though, I'll be out of just about everything and meals will be pretty sketchy, lol.  I've spent about $100 on fresh things and items at Aldi that aren't always available on the shelf {gotta grab them while you can} and hope to keep the remainder of my shopping under $25 for the rest of the month.  I typically spend about $320 every five weeks on groceries and yes, I know that amount is certainly more {possibly more than double} than the average household with only two people spends.  We just like to cook and not always with common ingredients!  We also prefer to use fresh items over canned or frozen and they tend to be more expensive.

Last week's plan went well although it was a little boring. Even though I had high hopes this recipe didn't work out to be something that we will make again even though I can't figure out what exactly went wrong.  The flavor profile was just off a bit for our tastes.

Here is my plan for this week in no particular order:

Chicken Noodle Casserole

Marinated Grilled Pork TenderloinBaked Rice, Green Veggie

Oven Baked Tacos  {using ground chicken}, Mexi Corn

Rib Eye Steaks, Buttered Noodles, Roasted Green Beans

Smoked Sausage with Onions and Peppers, Okra, Homemade Bread

Steak and Taco Chicken Oven Quesadillas {leftover meal}, Green Salad

A few other things I would like to make this week, well over the weekend anyway, and use up extra ingredients are:
Muffins
Honey Roasted Tomatoes
Puff Pastry Recipes eg:  Monkey Bread, Cherry Turnovers, Cheesy Puff Pastry Eggs and Oh My Goodness Puff Pastry! so many ideas...so little time.


Cool Breezes and Sunshine to you this week.

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com





Comments