Menu Plan Monday 8/1/16


Wow, it has been like a tornado the last few weeks....let's see...first, I got food poisoning...which makes a lovely accompaniment to any week.  Second, I over scheduled myself at work because I'm dumb like that sometimes and really have problems saying no when I think I'm feeling invincible{the schedule is formed about a month in advance}.  Lastly, the other side  of my dual air conditioning in my car gave out {I had the other side fixed only about three weeks ago} and it is like 80,000 degrees in the shade these days.  Oh, and the best news of all is that the mechanic isn't able to repair it for me until, well...like a week after I called him.  Fun times people, fun times.

I know that in the grand scheme of things, all of this irritation will pass and I won't even remember any of the details of what happened in five years but right now I'm having a small attitude problem. I'm just plain annoyed is what I am.

Wait, maybe I'm just hungry, lol!  I've been so super busy that I haven't taken the time to cook more than three times with the exception of scrambled eggs and heating up the waffle iron for hashbrown patties. {using frozen potato shreds}

I am off this weekend and have ginormous plans to rectify my not eating properly situation and on a positive note, the frig is absolutely bare letting me shop for fresh stuff with abandon.  Whatever I didn't eat over the last three weeks has spoiled and been thrown away.  A little home cooked food is just what the doctor ordered to soothe my irritated little soul.

Namaste



IDEAS:
Fancy Hot Dogs or Grilled Hot Dogs
Meatloaf {freezer}, Lemon/Caper Parm Potatoes
Wild Rice Stuffing {trying this for Thanksgiving, 1/2 recipe for sure}this or this
Team Valor Cocktail {with Vodka not whiskey enjoyed on the weekend of course :o}



This is the coolest idea ever....I am so making it on my ping pong/grill stand/ aka watermelon juice table this weekend.
Happy Monday and all that jazz :o)


screen-shot-2015-08-03-at-10-11-26-am-1
This will make a nice refreshing adult beverage I believe.

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com



Comments

  1. I saw that you had linked to my blog and came to see yours.

    I'm sorry about the food poisoning and the a/c trouble. We had quite the week, as well, no food poisoning though. Our big van needs something expensive done with the engine, something minor done with the fan switch, and our mini-van has a belt doing something weird when we have the a/c on now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment