Menu Plan Monday 6/13/16 and Weekly Happenings

I have been all around the internet this week saving bunches of recipes that I want to try! My list for things I want to make is going to be enormous if I don't rein myself in some.  Its not a payday week, and I'm skipping the store this week so either it's substitute or make something else.  Luckily, I have lots of options regardless of what I'm in the mood for....even some freezer meals.

I had some room for creativity last week, using this recipe as inspiration for Ground Chicken and Chickpea Rice Bowl.  Oh, and I froze some leftover Basmati Rice {never did that before} another epic success like the freezing of avocado halves.

Ground Chicken and Chickpea Rice Bowl
Saute over medium high heat 1/2 of a medium chopped onion, and one cup sliced mushrooms in olive oil (a good amount) and one tbs butter until onion translucent and the mushrooms are browned on one side.  Add two large cloves of pressed garlic stirring constantly until fragrant (you may need to add a smidge more oil).  Add one can of drained and rinsed chickpeas to the pan, sprinkle with salt, cayenne pepper, and cumin.  Continue to cook until chickpeas start to toast.  Add 1/2 lb cooked ground chicken, 1 cup of roasted peppers, and 1 cup of honey roasted tomatoes to the pan.  Allow all to heat and flavors to meld.  Add two cups of fresh baby spinach to the pan stirring and adding approximately 1/2 cup of chicken stock to allow the spinach to wilt and cook as usual.  Serve over basmati rice or add the rice to the pan and stir fry until edges of some of the rice begin to brown.  Sprinkle with grated Parmesan Cheese.  This was one tasty creation!

I've also discovered I love Hint water!  No fake sugar or fake flavoring...just water with a little somethin'.  Blackberry or Watermelon are my current favorites and I'm planning on trying a whole bunch more.

So here are my thoughts.

Chilaquiles-I'm going to bake my corn tortillas
Inside Out Smores Bars
Chinese Green Beans with Ground Turkey Rice Bowls-I'm using ground chicken
Meatloaf-Freezer Meal
Grilled Bone In Center Cut Pork Chops
Sour Cream Blueberry Pancakes
Grilled Peanut Butter, Banana, and Chocolate Cones
Broccoli Tots
French Bread Taco Pizza
Marinated Strip Steaks


I'm hoping to get to most of these since every ingredient required I have on hand.  Have a great week.
Happy Monday!
This post is linked to orgjunkie.com

Comments