Grilled Chicken and Grilled Mexican Street Corn Review


I know, I know...my picture is sideways but I couldn't adjust the landscape.  I'm certain that it is a super simple fix that I just don't know how to do.  I can run a program like nobody's business but give me a tech problem to figure out and I'm stumped!  It's like all of my worldly experience and wisdom flies out the window, lol. Thank God I have two tech minded children who just love to give their dear old Mom a hand.
{That was sarcasm if you didn't notice}

Back to the reason for this post.
Yesterday I planned a menu that utilized my grill to the fullest and guess what?  Tropical storm Colin decided to blow through my section of central Florida just about dinner time.  I braved the elements and stuck to my plan out of sheer stubbornness and determination to follow "the plan" and I'm so glad that I did.  Staying on track has set me up for a successful week of eating things I like that are home prepared and therefore {in my opinion} are healthier.
I used the Southwest Marinade for my chicken breasts and this recipe for Mexican Street Corn.  My corn doesn't look like the picture since I just painted the very tops with the mixture and didn't sprinkle any extra cheese over them.  My method is to simply grill the corn until tender {and browned somewhat} then place the cobs in a bowl with the cheese mixture blobbed on top of each piece. Cover the bowl tightly with foil and let it continue to steam its way to done perfection for about ten minutes. 
Ummm, I ate three last night.  So good.
I'll share my grilled peach dessert tomorrow...I didn't have dessert last night {can't imagine why, three pieces of corn, you think?}...but it's definitely on the agenda for tonight.



Comments