Menu Plan Monday 2/1/16

I made this beautiful salad to serve alongside the Tex Mex Enchiladas that I ate as leftovers last week. I loved the brown sugar balsamic dressing that I dressed the salad with...I didn't feel like I had to drown the salad in dressing to get a lovely flavor.
The ham was especially good too, probably because at my local Sam's Club I found 1 1/2 pounds for a reasonable price {and good quality too}.  The weight is split between two packages which is super convenient for me.
You know, come to think of it....I was in the mood for a really good salad....so much so that I didn't even mind the chopping and prepping. 

This week's menu is a mixture of Hello Fresh and Tabby Fresh meals.  I've cut out eating excessive amounts of cheese {although not completely...see the feta above, and the mention of Tex Mex Enchiladas} and noticed a difference in how I feel {in a good way} when I don't rely on cheese as my protein of choice.  To be honest, I could live by cheese {and maybe a little bread} alone.  

The weather has been cool in Florida over the last several weeks allowing me to soup, stew, roast, and braise to my heart's desire.  Gotta get in all those comfort type meals before the weather turns unbearably hot again.  I'm not complaining, just saying.  I know I'm not cut out for a real winter....I did that once.

SATURDAY- Oven Roasted Chicken with Winter Vegetables {hellofresh.com}
SUNDAY- Leftovers or Quick Marinated Steak with Balsamic Vegetables {hellofresh.com}
MONDAY- Leftovers 
TUESDAY- Chicken Fajita Bites,{no low fat anything, freezer meal} or, Puff Pastry PizzaGreen Salad
WEDNESDAY- Shrimp Taco Lettuce Wraps {hellofresh.com}
THURSDAY- Beef Stew with Carrots and Potatoes {freezer meal}
FRIDAY- Chicken Yakitori with Pan Fried Chuka Soba and Green Beans {hellofresh.com}

That's all for this week, and always subject to change depending on events that come up...I'm trying to be present and participate in experiences when I have the chance.  Basically, being present and choosing joy.

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com



Comments

  1. Oooh, chicken fajita bites sound yummy! I'm a sucker for anything with Tex Mex flavors. :) I shared my meal plan this week too. Check it out at http://www.littlebitsofgranola.com/2016/02/01/meal-plan-monday/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment