Menu Plan Monday 10/26/15


have a bit of a love/hate relationship with autumn.
Autumn somewhere else...definitely not in my neck of the woods.  We're still in grilling mode.

I've been recovering from surgery for the last six days and haven't been eating anything that even remotely resembles a vegetable or embodies healthy in any aspect.  That's okay since I haven't been very hungry.  Well, except for the first day when I ate a fast food fried chicken sandwich for lunch, pizza for dinner, and cake for dessert.  I blame that business on plain 'ole relief that the pain would be manageable and that I was going to heal like I should...and I've never identified myself as an emotional eater, lol.

I'm not going crazy with cooking this week, but I am focusing on eating things made in my kitchen with lots of protein to help with the healing process.  My oldest favorite son, {as opposed to my youngest favorite son}, has moved in to his own place now and I'm learning to cook for one.  Leftovers for a day are great, for a week....not so much.  Even when I make half of a recipe, there is way too much for just me, thank heavens for the freezer!  

Monday
Mexican Pizza process 5
{using ground chicken breast meat, and I'm only making 1/3 of this recipe}
Green Salad
To Do:  Freeze remaining ground chicken making this recipe, defrost chicken, pack lunch, shred cheese.

Tuesday
Couscous with Parmesan
Roasted Asparagus
To Do:  Take remaining chicken off the bone portion for single meals

Wednesday
Leftovers
To Do:  Pack lunch 

Thursday
Chicken Burgers Recipe
Roasted Potato Wedges
Sliced Lettuce and Tomato
To Do:  Nothing, tomorrow is Friday, probably will throw together a pizza.

Friday
Quick Pizza

I didn't start out planning to only use chicken this week...I'm so trying not to create an excess of leftovers that I might have been a little over zealous.  There could be some changes depending on mood and inspiration. Who knows, I might have a hankering for yak :p

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com

Comments

  1. I can't imagine just cooking for one, but I can relate to trying to use up ingredients so there aren't leftovers. Sounds like a tasty week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment