Menu Plan Monday 8/25/14

The last week was wonderful in terms of feeling better and eating at home.  Boy #2 and I almost broke down and got fast food because I wasn't feeling up for cooking or to be honest cleaning. The cleaning kills my ambition for sure.  I sucked it up and did it anyway and I am thrilled with myself that I followed through. Who wants to break a goal on the third day anyway? Since I decided to follow the plan, I found a new no meat recipe that everyone will eat and I didn't have the nasty salt intake that accompanies a fast food run. Yay for me!

This week I'm starting to make some smaller portioned "freezer meals" so the leftovers won't be around for days and days.  I'm actually going to report my results here after eating each of the meals I've prepared....If you haven't realized, the real reason I'm actually doing this is to cut down on dishes and therefore my dishpan hands, lol.

Have a great week :)

SUNDAY
Roasted Hatch Chile & Chicken Enchiladas
(I'm only making half, so I won't have as many leftovers)
Some sort of cake/pie/bar....whatever inspires me.
To Do:  Make crockpot for tomorrow, bake bread, pack lunch, write list of to do for boys, iron,  roast tomatoes, make taquitos, stuffed potatoes for freezer.

MONDAY
Summer Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches
Summer Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches
(I bought hamburger buns for .25 at Aldi so we'll use these or homemade buns)
Tater Tots (to be honest we'll probably just eat the sandwiches)
To Do:  nothing, will assemble tomorrow.

TUESDAY
Double Tomato Tart with Ricotta and Basil
Tomato Tart
or

Italian Zucchini Crescent Pie
Green Salad
To Do:  Nothing off tomorrow

WEDNESDAY
Image result for picture of grilled pork chops
Grilled Pork Chops
Parmesan Pearled Couscous
Grilled Veggies
Biscuits
To Do:  Chop up extra veggies with dinner

THURSDAY

Chicken Lo Mein

FRIDAY
yoyo

After this week I'll be able to pull some goodies from my freezer on nights that I'm home alone without anyone to feed.  On Saturday I made myself a hamburger from the freezer and an individual serving of brown rice.  I had minimal dishes to do, which is working for me!

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com



Comments