Beef Tips Review



These tasty morsels were not on my menu this week, but when I was doing my weekly shopping at Aldi, sirloin roast was the sale of the day.  I brought the roast home and made my own beef "tips".  I browned the seasoned beef in olive oil then cooked some fresh mushrooms in the drippings.  I de glazed the pan with red wine and poured the whole shoot and shebang in to my 4 quart crock pot.  Just before stirring, I stirred in some sour cream (dairy free).  We ate the tips over noodles and had green peas on the side.  The roast was just over two pounds, so leftovers are in order.  There might be a fight for who gets them though :o)

Beef Tips
1 2lb Sirloin Roast
1 8oz package of fresh mushrooms
1 pkg gravy mix (your choice on flavoring)
Seasoned Salt
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
1/2 cup Red Wine (or more depending on size of pan)
Olive Oil
Cooked noodles or hot rice

Cut beef in to cubes.  Brown cubes in olive oil until good carmelization occurs, remove from pan and place in your crock.  Place sliced mushrooms in the same pan and cook until browning occurs, remove from pan and place with the beef.  Deglaze pan with red wine and allow to come to a boil. You could easily substitute chicken stock or water if you don't have any red wine or prefer not to use alcohol.  Pour the bits and wine over the tips and mushrooms.  Pour the package of gravy mix over the tips and stir the ingredients together.  At this point, I decided to add about 1/4 cup of water so there would be enough gravy to pour over the meat and noodles.  Cook on low for 8-10 hrs.  Serve over noodles or rice as desired.

Voila, easy dinner that I don't have to think about until I boil the noodles after work!

Comments